Tis the season

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Tis the season

Post by cape man »

The back of the property is getting busy. Muzzle Loader opens the same day as the builders' meet

That last one is pretty nice for a Central Florida White Tail! Notice he isn't showing up during shooting hours.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Tis the season

Post by Eric1 »

Nice!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Really nice deer for Florida!! Jeff

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Great pics. I love that reconyx camera. Expensive, but worth every penny. I went through many others before I bought mine. It's 6 or so years old now and still works great. And nothing gets by it without a pic taken.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Got tired of watching the girls all walk, when its really the venison I'm after so bought a crossbow. Saturday morning got this yearling doe. Dropped her where she stood with a solid heart shot. Really like the crossbow. Center Point 370 for under $300!

Almost got mom as well, but she wouldn't walk back out in the field, but just walked around the edges of the woods for about 20 minutes calling.

This guy actually walked out in the same spot Sunday at 8:00 am but I was in the house. I loaded up, and tried to get a shot, but he spotted me at around 60 yards, a shot I didn't want to risk. He's been there for three months so I'll just wait until I'm in the stand one day. Looking at him I think he's the same deer as in the top picture from last year...

Had a herd of 8 does walk through at 11:30 am last week, so hoping to load the freezer from the property this year. We ate 3 deer at the house this last year and ran out in late July. 3 more weeks of archery.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

That venison will eat like prime rib! Good luck on the nice buck!!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Nice shot on that doe I second what Eric said. I need to get my license again as I now have them coming almost up to the house and eating the garden.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

TomW1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:50 pm Nice shot on that doe I second what Eric said. I need to get my license again as I now have them coming almost up to the house and eating the garden.

Tom
I can come back up there! :wink:

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Any time but haven't seen the buggers in over a month.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

TomW1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:24 pm Any time but haven't seen the buggers in over a month.

Tom
:D