7 a.m. Crash

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

7 a.m. Crash

Post by blueflood »

Hi,

Is there a problem with the site in the mornings ? Seems every time I make attempts to edit my build (four times now) at around 7 a.m. my time zone when I submit, the spinning wheel of wait comes on with an error then get kicked out, losing my edits. Last error was something like "too many marinepoxy users on site..." or "site down due to maintenance". Then I look down and I'm the only registered user logged on :doh: :help:

Marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7 a.m. Crash

Post by Jeff »

Blueflood, You are exactly correct and we are not sure why this is happening. It seems to happen between 6:45 AM to about 7:10 AM Monday through Friday. Not on the weekends!! We checked to see if this was being done by the software developer for upgrades, mods, etc. but that is not the case. Jamie is stilling trying to find the bug!! Sorry for your delays!! It is also when I like to read the forum each morning before leaving for the shop!! Jeff

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Last edited by blueflood on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Jeff, ok great I thought it was something on this end. No biggy though - more of an annoyance but glad it is being looked at, thank you. I figured if that frustrates me, it must to others as well then potential clients may simply go elsewhere...

...and there it goes again :roll: :x

Marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Marc, we will get it fixed as it bothers me as well!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Change the backup times for the DB. I've noticed that the issues "starts" with MySQL going into a slow IO response state followed by refusing connections. Given the consistency of the timing and the impact it is almost certainly a scheduled DB maint job. If the time of the backup looks to be correct (is scheduled for sometime other then 7a ET) then check the TZ on the server. It maybe in a PST or other TZ that shifts the time to 7a.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, thank you, I will pass your guidance to Jamie on Monday!!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I thought I would get in the first post time stamped 2017. Nope.........at 0645 Florida time I got the old spinning wheel of death.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry Fuzz, Happy New Year!! Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

It must be Russian hackers! :D

Jamie will solve that, he loves that kind of challenge.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com