My cx 25

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: My cx 25

Post by TomW1 »

Danilo, she looks nice and sitting on her lines in that photo. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

dalnilo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dalnilo »

in reality the bow sinks about 8/10 cm with respect to the waterline.
this means that in the aft cockpit the water goes to the bow.
another problem, water enters the scuppers and being inclined towards the bow with the boat stationary it does not empty.

dalnilo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dalnilo »

At the bow I have 140 liters of water plus 100 kg between chain, anchor, windlass, 20 kg bow thruster.
if I reduce these weights do you think it can solve the problem?
could the ttop weight towards the bow?
what kind of scupper should i use? I used the same ones as peter's boat.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Danilo, get rid of the water in the bow that is nearly 400lbs/176KG and is causing your drainage problems. With the CX you already have more weight forward than the C25 so by adding the extra water ballast you have made her bow heavy. Where did you get the idea to add the water ballast and so much of it? Peter's scuppers worked fine for him. Do you have trim tabs you might seriously consider them after removing the water. Most larger boats benefit from them.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Yeah. Tom is correct. You cannot keep 36 gallons of freshwater onboard a 25' boat. 36*8=288 pounds; that boat is probably only suited for a 10-12 gallon fw tank.

220 pounds of chain, anchor and windlass is an awful lot as well...sorry to tell you, but you really would have been good with 25' of relatively light chain and 150' of rope. Even a 35 pound anchor would be big. So your anchorinf system is 120 pounds overweight by my estimates.

You really need to lose some major weight in the bow. I understand the wish for all chain rode, but it is not practical in a boat this size and you will pay for it in fuel. Can you size down things?

I am facing my own weight concerns with my boat.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

fallguy I missed typed actual water weight is 300lbs not 400lbs. You left off a couple of decimals to get your 288lbs.

Also, I totally missed the all chain rode. On most boats the size of Danilo's CX25 the rode is made up of 25-35-50 feet of chain and then the rest of nylon rope. From what I can remember of my days in the Med. most anchorages are sand. This would help him also. You take care.

Tom

dalnilo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dalnilo »

I exaggerated!!!! now I try to empty the water and leave only 10 meters of chain then all rope.
I will let you know if I can reduce the problem.
as far as scuppers are concerned, I hope to resolve having the slope towards the stern, if I can't I will try with ball scuppers.

dalnilo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dalnilo »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:16 pm Danilo, get rid of the water in the bow that is nearly 400lbs/176KG and is causing your drainage problems. With the CX you already have more weight forward than the C25 so by adding the extra water ballast you have made her bow heavy. Where did you get the idea to add the water ballast and so much of it? Peter's scuppers worked fine for him. Do you have trim tabs you might seriously consider them after removing the water. Most larger boats benefit from them.

Tom
I have already mounted the zipwake, at the moment I do not use them because I have noticed that they make me lower the bow

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Zipwake trim tabs wont help with a bow down boat. The only way you can get the bow up is do 1) reduce weight up front and 2) trim the OB out. Even if you use the Zipwakes to trim the boat in the transverse plane, they will tend to bring the bow down!

Can the anchor windlass handle rope? I have an anchor winch on my boat which doesnt care if its winding up chain or rope!

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Another thing you can do is to lower the engine and trim up the motor. But hopefully your water and rode adjustments are enough 420 pounds extra on the bow is lots.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495