Forum Upgrade

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by Jeff »

Buz, I will ask Jamie to reach-out to you tomorrow morning to get you fixed!! Jeff

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Buz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:48 am Still no good for me, using IE.

Threads appear ok. All index pages, not.
What worked for me was clearing the cache. What did not work for me was the keyboard shortcuts recommended to do that; I had to go in the browser menu and find the button for clearing the data before my problem went away.
Hank

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Pee Wee, Yes, your method has worked for several members as well!! Buz, just let me know if Jamie needs to reach-out to you in the morning. Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Buz, I would recommend, as I do to everyone who I talk to that you ditch IE for either Firefox or Chrome. IE simply isn't a browser that supports the standards decided upon by the people that create them for the web, and web design, for the most part. That aside, you should still be able to clear your browsing history for those pages, according to the following process:

Open Internet Explorer.
IE 8: From the Tools menu choose Internet Options.
IE 9: In the upper right corner, click the small gear icon (to the right of the star icon) and choose Internet Options
On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.
The Form data, Passwords, and inPrivate Filtering data boxes may be left un-checked. You can check them to delete this data if you so choose.
Click Delete.
When finished, click OK to return to your Internet Explorer window.
Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

Could not log in this morning at 7:00 am. It's just unnatural to start my day without my bateau fix :D
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Walkers Run wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 pm Could not log in this morning at 7:00 am. It's just unnatural to start my day without my bateau fix :D
I hear that. I solved all those problems by getting up at 5:30a. :P
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Guys, we are continuing to try to fix our 0700 (AM) bug!! Sorry for the delays!! Jeff

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 pm
bigtalljv wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 am
gonandkarl wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 am Hi, Whatever you fixed it did not go west n the direction to Europe. I still got all little squares with the lines running horizontal over the forum display screen and one cannot read anything properly. Jamie try again please.
Greetings from Karl ( Austria )
I'm seeing the same thing with Chrome. Page is covered with unread icons or something, red lines in circles. I cleared cache and it didn't help. Seems to work in other browsers, this was written in IE.

Jason
I'm seeing the same thing. Little red circles all arranged in rows so you can't read the topics.
Using apple and chrome.
I'm seeing the same thing with PC and Chrome. I also have the white boxes of "quick links" automatically popping up all over the page. It's aggravating to have to constantly close these pop-ups, and I'm not able to close the one at the top left of the page; the one that says "subscribe", "bookmark", "email", and "print". It blocks the first few words of the first few sentences of the first post on the page.

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

TRC886 wrote: I'm seeing the same thing with PC and Chrome. I also have the white boxes of "quick links" automatically popping up all over the page. It's aggravating to have to constantly close these pop-ups, and I'm not able to close the one at the top left of the page; the one that says "subscribe", "bookmark", "email", and "print". It blocks the first few words of the first few sentences of the first post on the page.
The solution for this problem is posted above, and on previous pages in this thread, for nearly every browser and OS Combination.

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

bateau-webmaster wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:31 am The solution for this problem is posted above, and on previous pages in this thread, for nearly every browser and OS Combination.
Thank you. I missed the second and third pages of the thread, and will try the solutions later.