PM from Jeff instead of who sent it

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

PM from Jeff instead of who sent it

Post by Dutch1 »

Can I change a setting so when I get a PM notification email it says who it is actually from instead of Jeff. No disrespect Jeff but I thought something was up if you were PM'ing me, went to check to make sure all was well and it was from another forum member. I'm talking about the actual email notification you get when you get a PM.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PM from Jeff instead of who sent it

Post by Jeff »

Dutch1, I will ask Jamie to have a look at your account this morning. I was completely unaware that my name was even associated with other members PM's!! Jamie will get back to you later this morning. Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff/Jamie,

It's the from address on all outbound emails generated by phpbb. It's currently jeff@e-boat. Maybe setting it to mailer or some other nonhuman looking address would be ideal.

Dutch, this is normal practice to prevent exposure of personal contact info outside the forum. There is a lot more going on under the hood, but all the emails from the forum software will have an email other than that of the "real person" pm-ing you. This is a good thing. I'm sure Jamie will find the right solution to clear up confusion.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jayson, Thank you very much for the explanation!! As I must admit, I did not understand why my email address was going out with the PM's!! I will ask Jamie to look at it first thing this morning!! Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

I've changed the address to be forum@e-boat.net. Thanks for pointing this out.