Free Plans

Discussions about the free plans distributed at bateau.com and BoatPlans-OnLine.com.
fishinjacket
New Poster
New Poster

Free Plans

Post by fishinjacket »

Hello All.
I am brand new to the forum and to the idea of boat building. I have been wanting to possibly work for a boat building company, but I also would love to learn fiberglass, techniques, etc. I wanted to download the free plans for the canoe as my first ever attempt, but I cannot get the links to work on the webpage. I am on a Mac, and I'm not sure that should make a difference, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with the hyperlinks on the webpage and being able to download the plans.

Thanks,
Fishinjacket

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Plans

Post by Jeff »

Fishinjacket, welcome to our Builders Forum!! I will ask Jamie to assist you tomorrow morning or just give him a call after 9:00 AM (772.770.1225) and he will ensure you get the right access!! Again welcome!! Jeff

kjackson
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kjackson »

On my Mac, all I need do is export the file as a PDF. That prompt is found under the File menu on Safari. Hope that helps.

fishinjacket
New Poster
New Poster

Post by fishinjacket »

Yea, it's the fact that whenever I hover my mouse over the link for the plans or even the supplies link on that page, I am getting a text string instead of any type of hyperlink that will lead me to another page or a download.

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Sorry about that, recently changed the format of that page, and somehow when I copied it all over it lost the href part of the link tag. Fixed and working now. Thanks for pointing it out.

fishinjacket
New Poster
New Poster

Post by fishinjacket »

Thanks, Jamie!
I can confirm that it's working now. Looking forward to starting my first build!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good stuff!! Again, welcome to the Builders Forum!! Jeff

fishinjacket
New Poster
New Poster

Post by fishinjacket »

Nevermind. I found the chart in regards to epoxy cure speed I would need working in the shade/garage in the Greater Atlanta area.