EMC topcoat-- min time between coats

technical support and information on EMC topcoats and coatings
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

EMC topcoat-- min time between coats

Post by Jaysen »

Can says 12hr max between coats (to avoid sanding) but nothing about min time between coats. What's the rule of thumb? Figure 80+ for temp and 90+ for humidity.

Thanks.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EMC topcoat-- min time between coats

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I just sent Jamie a note regarding your EMC question. He will be at the shop around 10:00 AM this morning and will get you an answer!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

That's perfect. Sanding and cleanup starting at 9a. Won't be able to check again till 10:30 anyway.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

I usually will touch an over spray area. As soon as i don't leave a finger print I shoot again. I almost always use the accelerator, it's usually around 1 hour between coats.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

I also used that method for use with a roller .
Novi 23 finally launched !

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Yep, what Walkers' Run said, as soon as it's tack free shoot again. We were able to get 3 coats on in a day doing the jetabout, but that was rolling it on.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I'm rolling. Hoping the heat will help get it a bit quicker. hopefully I don't paint myself into a corner again. Working with 2 colors I should probably do this on two separate days. But I like doing things the hard way.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Jaysen,
Don't know your color scheme but won't you have to tape the recently painted color quite soon?
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

See, I thought of that. Masked edges already on white side. Pull tape by end of day. Tomorrow all I need to do is cut in edge of white and yellow should be tapeable.

Worst case... work boat finish. 😏

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Dang. I like this stuff!!! Even an idiot like me can get a decent finish.

Floors have BBC nonskid. Seats straight.

Thanks for the help. I'll post more pics in my build thread this evening.
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4051.JPG