Folks on this forum

Post any and all methods for doing things here, if you think you have a good method, that you don't see most builders using
Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Folks on this forum

Post by Dutch1 »

I have to brag for a moment about the members on this forum. I poured through this forum for the better part six months and learned a ton in the process before I was comfortable enough to give building a boat a try. I saw over and over, members were willing to help out folks even if it meant typing the same response to the same type of questions. Always willing to help, loan tools to other members, etc. I'll admit, I probably wouldn't have tried a build on my own without having this forum to bounce dumb questions off of to steer me back in the right direction. Now, I'm glad I started the build.

I've posted my share of questions, sent PM's, and always received good helpful responses. I've even spoken to members on the phone who offered their time to help me out during my build. I'm sure others would have offered if I would have asked.

K2FS18 took the time to reach out a few weeks ago and give me a nudge to get going again on my build through the tough process of cleats. I was too busy and was losing momentum on the build and he was right about the cleat work. It's a pain getting through that part of the build. That message spurred me back into action and forced me to decide how I wanted to proceed.

Tonight I got the chance to finally meet a member other than the BBC folks in person. BBSig and I talked a while back when I was looking for some cypress. A couple of weeks ago he touched base with me and asked if I needed anything from BBC since he was going to be picking some supplies up from BBC in person and was a little short for the 10 sheet discount. Heck yeah!! He stopped by and dropped it off tonight since he was over my way and wanted to see how the boat was coming along. It was also nice having someone who has more knowledge than me give the build a look over to make sure all looked OK. Thanks Barry! It was nice meeting you and thank you for picking up my order while you were in Vero!

To all the other members who take the time to help. . . keep doing what you do and know it is appreciated. Thank you!

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Folks on this forum

Post by cape man »

Ditto.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Dutch1, I could not agree with you more!! The Forum members are always ready to help and provide sound guidance!! It is also nice to see that some of you are getting to know each other and helping where you can!! Good seeing Barry (BB Sig) this week and again, good to see him pick-up supplies for Dutch1!! Thank you all, Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Well Said!
It is rare to find a forum of people as friendly and helpful as here.

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

When I need some relax I enter this forum, nothing more to say :wink:

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

I do this relaxation every morning after breakfast and without the members of this forum my boat building would not have been the same especially their advise and encouragement when I had a low is a real boost.
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi all,

Indeed like most of us, logging on or simply dropping by is a daily occurrence. Getting a chuckle from the ribbing or witty replies always brings a smile to my face. As for helpful hints or techniques; there are always a pile to be gained and indeed builders here are nothing but super helpful. We are all aiming for a complete build at some point, many of those are life-long dreams.

Great to be in such good company from the four corners of the world :D Makes me want to go see those places sometime. Alaska for sure, CL's south - deep south, Oz etc...

Before joining Bateau, I no idea what a Barra was or "skinny or flats (water) or poling" :lol: but was well familiar and acquainted to fairing and sanding :help:

Have to give credit to Jeff and Jamie - excellent first line representatives for Bateau 8)

Build on.
Marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

blueflood, thank you for the kind words!! Jeff