FS13 'Lil Stream

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: FS13 'Lil Stream

Post by Fuzz »

I love all the different ways guys solve problems. Slick way to hold that skeg :D

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

looking really good! have you decided on a color to paint it?

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:14 am I love all the different ways guys solve problems. Slick way to hold that skeg :D
Thanks!

I semi copied that technique. I had seen someone use a clamp and 1x1 before and added a second clamp.

First round of fairing. I'm using way more epoxy on that then I thought I would! :roll:
First pass at fairing.
First pass at fairing.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

jonnymac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:15 am looking really good! have you decided on a color to paint it?
Thanks!

Matterhorn White with a black painted rubrail. I'm thinking I might wrap it with a Tarpon scale wrap. I think it look pretty good and will hide my first attempt at painting a boat! :lol: We'll see how the paint job turns out!

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Almost have a good enough bottom.
Almost work boat bottom!
Almost work boat bottom!
I'll order a larger kit of epoxy this time! My wife had projects for the camper that needed some epoxy. :roll: I thought about telling her that this epoxy was reserved for boat building. Since I can type this from the comfort of my couch, you already know I didn't and she is getting our camper outfitted with okume and epoxy. :lol: At least the furniture will last longer than the camper...

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Normally, about 3 coats of fairing starts to look decent for me now. 6 is really close to perfect.

I am awake with left arm nueralgia from all the sand/fill/arm work last few days
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Looks good BB!! Take care of yourself!!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Thanks Jeff!
fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:29 am Normally, about 3 coats of fairing starts to look decent for me now. 6 is really close to perfect.

I am awake with left arm nueralgia from all the sand/fill/arm work last few days
I'll probably end up with 4! :lol: I'm not shooting for perfect on the bottom and the top should be a grimy mess from the mudflats and creeks that I plan to attempt to fish.

This is after 3 coats on most of it. I've got some minor low spots and then on to quick fair for the last coat on the outside bottom.
20210827_081226.jpg
To answer your question, I have young-onset Parkinson's Disease. My neurologist and now a second opinion are concerned that it is progressing as quickly as it is. The latest cocktail is slowing the progression to a manageable level. I've had to limit a lot of activities and I am looking at a semi-forced medical retirement. Hopefully, they will allow me to continue my work at home until the retirement paperwork gets completed.

My wife has been supportive but gets onto me for trying to get as many projects completed as I can at a break-neck speed. My desire to sell the GT23 was to ease her concern but at the same time, I don't want to see it discarded for the trailer. I've got a group of guys that I go to church with that might be willing to assist with it so they can use it as well. IF, if I get to finish it, it will have to have a provision for a lift of some sort and a dockside wheelchair ramp. I've thought about this before and now my current circumstances would make it a necessity for future use for me.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

BB Sig best of wishes to you.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

BB Sig best of wishes to you. Boat is looking good.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978