PC-20

Questions and Answers about the Woods Designs, multihulls and others.
Puddin
New Poster
New Poster

PC-20

Post by Puddin »

I looking at purchasing the PC20 plans, but I would like to make it smaller. Similar to that of a mini pontoon. I would like it to be 12 to 15 feet in length and will modify the width accordingly.
Thank you for any info

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PC-20

Post by BB Sig »

The designer usually only approves a 10% scaling. What you are asking for is a different boat altogether. Of course you can do what you want but the support will be lacking.

Maybe a pair of FS13's? I'm kidding...

Look below for the how to on scaling a design.

http://bateau2.com/howto/scaling.php

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Look for a design that matches what you want; you'll be much happier with the results and avoid expensive mistakes and a frustrating build.

When you shrink a multi-hull, you're losing a lot of buoyancy and increasing draft. Is there a reason you want to go that direction? What about starting with a flat bottom boat? I don't see anything here exactly like you describe, but maybe something like the HB16 could be altered to your purposes.

Maybe if you described what you want to do with the boat and where you plan to use it, how you came to this idea, there'd be more to go on.
Hank

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I understand he is looking for something like this:

I think this would be a cool build but pee wee is right. Start with a boat that is designed to do what you want to start with. These are pretty popular in lake areas. That would be fun in a popular lake that is trolling motor only.

Maybe this is something that Jacques' son would be interested in designing. :wink:

Puddin
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Puddin »

Thank you all for your info and suggestions. I want a bout of that style and type because I love fishing and there are numerous small lakes in my area. A large 20ft or better sized boat is too cumbersome for a person my size and age.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

You might want to take a look at the Garvey 15 as well. It's a very wide beam and was designed for lakes. With a 5" draft, you can get really shallow.