HC12 England

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: HC12 England

Post by peter-curacao »

Wow she looks great love the build not bought graphic, is that gold leaf?

bigyellowtractor
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by bigyellowtractor »

narfi wrote: that about sells me on the kayak paddles :)
They work great on this narrow boat. I bought a cheap Sevylor two-part one for £25.00. I still like the wooden single paddle for quietly mooching about in reedy bits though.

narfi wrote: I wonder if you would be able to get back in with someone as a counter balance on the other side as you tried to crawl in?
Maybe. Certainly if you were out with another canoe, I'm sure you'd be able to “raft” together and get in.

narfi wrote: I wonder if you could manage in over the bow if there was a loop of rope to step up with?
I doubt it. I tried climbing up over the bow (or was it the stern ??:-) ) and the boat just submerged and stuck up in the air like a fishing float before falling sideways

peter-curacao wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm Wow she looks great love the build not bought graphic, is that gold leaf?
Thanks Peter.

No, not gold leaf, just a printed vinyl sticker :-)

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

bigyellowtractor wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:23 pm
Thanks Peter.

No, not gold leaf, just a printed vinyl sticker :-)
Looks very cool anyway 8)

cape man

Post by cape man »

Really nice.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

For bailing tiny tippy things, consider a hand pump. One end in the water. Other end over the side pump to empty boat. Just make sure you by right end over the side or ... well ... you'll fill the boat up!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

bigyellowtractor
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Good plan Jaysen, I'll see what's about

edit; Found one from a supplier I've used in the past. Only a tenner so got to be worth a punt.

Ordered some floating rope, a pair of gloves and a knife while I was on their site though, so you made me spend another £30.00 :lol:

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

How about this, like the kayakers do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkj2S4yxoQI
Tony

bigyellowtractor
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Saw them on the website I got my other bits from. While I'm on narrow inland waterways, there's no real need to be able to get back in the boat in the water. I will get hold of a paddle float or maybe make one and have a practice before I go out anywhere iffy