Question for Joe H

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Question for Joe H

Post by ericsil »

That Chris Craft looks like a beauty, although I hate to even think of bright work on a boat of mine. I have another question though. How did that windless work out on the P19? It looks a bit undersized. Have you used it in harsh conditions at any point? I am getting a bit old to be running forward to retrieve the anchor, especially if it is windy. Would you buy the same model again.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Question for Joe H

Post by Joe H »

Hello Eric,
The CC has been a lot of fun, the bright work will have to just be a little at a time.
The windlass on the P19 has been great! I've had it in some pretty tough condition, deep water and heavy current with no issue's at all never under powered, the only thing I don't like about it is it's not free falling, you have to use the down button, there's a way around that by lifting the lever on the windlass but that defeats the purpose of not having to climb on the bow.
I have had new joints put in both my shoulders and this windlass has been a life saver, if you need any information on it I'll see what I can dig up.
Nice hearing from you, hope your getting out as much as you used too!
Joe H 
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Question for Joe H

Post by ericsil »

Thanks Joe, that's what I needed to know. We still count on the P19 to moor in front of our cottage and take us on luncheon runs to neighboring islands whenever we have company. I have even picked up people on the mainland a few times when they missed the last ferry. I'll check into the windless to see if it is where I want to go.