Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by jonnymac »

hope you feel better, rest up and my anecdotal experience with having covid twice is taking it easy for sometime after recovery as it takes a while for the energy to come back.

Can’t wait to see a finished picture of that counter! Going to be amazing.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

jonnymac wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:49 am hope you feel better, rest up and my anecdotal experience with having covid twice is taking it easy for sometime after recovery as it takes a while for the energy to come back.
This. Go slow and listing to the lungs. If you start to feel tired or like you're taking deep breaths for no reason, stop what you are doing. If not you'll wind up wondering if you've killed yourself. Last thing you need is to be sidelined by lung issues when you should be out on your boat killing fish.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FallGuy, Take good care of yourself!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Well, I got oit there today.

Was all excited and started to varnish and the varnish looked like crap with lotsa chunks in a perfectly clean room.

On closer inspection, the brush had dried up at the metal crimp and small varnish solids were getting in the finish.

I spent an hour cleaning my damn brush and filtering the varnish and cleaning the containers.

But I got a final coat on and it looks pretty good. Yeah, some dust nibs, but not bad for Covid sinus troubles. I'll take it for the day.

Pictures tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishing and words of caution. I am too tired to do too much.

Might work on drafting my electrical book some more.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Note to friends...if you think you can leave the varnish brush in; rethink.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:24 pm
I had a chuckle on that one! My electrical would be a sheet of paper, maybe both sides whereas yours would be a novel.
Are you adding some sort of search function so you can type in the circuit, wire color or item and it would bring up all the related junctions, wire paths, switches and fuses from end to end?

When I was in the automotive industry the imports I worked on the schematic books would change wire color, dashes, strips and a lot of stuff that didn't make much sense compared to the USA vehicles I was working on. Then add that the books were all translated into English. So colors did not always match what was written in the books.

I would wish you to get better but you are to stubborn to listen to us or your own body but try anyway.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:46 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:24 pm
I had a chuckle on that one! My electrical would be a sheet of paper, maybe both sides whereas yours would be a novel.
Are you adding some sort of search function so you can type in the circuit, wire color or item and it would bring up all the related junctions, wire paths, switches and fuses from end to end?

When I was in the automotive industry the imports I worked on the schematic books would change wire color, dashes, strips and a lot of stuff that didn't make much sense compared to the USA vehicles I was working on. Then add that the books were all translated into English. So colors did not always match what was written in the books.

I would wish you to get better but you are to stubborn to listen to us or your own body but try anyway.
I'm doing plum little really.

I varnished the tops today and had to pack up a wheel scale and Jen setup the pickup for it.

I made her and me eggs and toast. Otherwise, wasn't worth much today.

I am using Visio, but everytime I go to the boat, I see another thing to draw a reference for...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

FallGuy, Are you feeling better?? Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Just a bit. Still have sinus headache, but not as ill as yesterday.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good to hear!!!! Jeff