Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by TomW1 »

Bad news, you had to rebore the holes, good news you had a template in place for them. :wink: Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

I managed to get the gumption to epoxy fill the tops of the holes. Had to syringe all 34 holes. Silvertip slow was getting pretty syrupy at the end, but got them all. Tomorrow, I will sand the tops and fill with pb epoxy flat.

I wore flip flops today and managed to bruise my foot on an incompleted cleat.

Not the best day, but the next week s supposed to be good weather. If I can stick to my plans; should be in real good shape for spring launch.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looking Good! 2 steps forward, 1 back is still progress!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Excellent FallGuy!! What are your temps at night up there?? Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

It is unseasonably warm with nights still around 50F. Trees are still green; no killing frost yet even.

The bottom will drop in November.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Got it!! Jeff

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm It is unseasonably warm with nights still around 50F. Trees are still green; no killing frost yet even.

I was thinking the same thing, we are 2 weeks late from killing frost here in southern Maine. Going to be a disappointing Nov.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm It is unseasonably warm with nights still around 50F. Trees are still green; no killing frost yet even.

Since you will be calling Texas home before to long, with our 2 seasons we are still in the hot, humid one but trying to move into the just less than hot humid one. Grass and everything else is very green and a little rain still makes everything grow by the foot weekly. We have had a few nights dropping into the high 60s, dry air, but it is still in the low 80s at night with very, very, very high humidity. My sensor is saying 70% but my bathroom felt dryer after my shower this morning than when I stepped outside.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I am not much a fan of super humid; we'll see what the coast is like; maybe a muggy windy fish paradise.

Headed there in March.

Well, last two weeks have seen some work and some delays. Had a lousy cold and then gave it to my friend who was helping.

Last 3 days, really have a lot of pain. Probably a kidney stone. Clinic was so lousy...thank God for painkilers

Anyhow, i got the cabin bottom painted and the tramp fitted.

Try to get pics tomorrow.

MikeyGnz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by MikeyGnz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 pm I wore flip flops today and managed to bruise my foot on an incompleted cleat.
I recommend safety jandals, the latest and greatest in hot weather PPE.