Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by OrangeQuest »

BarraMan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:27 am My boat has 6 x 12v batteries and 4 x onboard smart chargers - works just fine! 8O
Go figure! :doh:
You went into detail how your system is hooked up and if I remember correctly, the outboard does not charge all 6 of those batteries. And, if I remember correctly again, you know how long you can troll before the trolling batteries need to be charged, shore powered charged? You are going to have to go into detail again. I am sure there are other gray-haired builders that don't remember the details either. :doh:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 pm Ready for deck paint in the morning.
That's a big project you've been working on! Boat looks great. Interior and exterior. It must be so very satisfying to be getting closer to the finish line. Good luck with the final stages.

Mick
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

4 hours with wife helping
3787E91D-4B68-4788-8A13-F05604D1AB4A.jpeg
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Wow! Just WOW!

Big difference, all the tools and equipment that doesn't belong really catches the eye. Maybe you should have had the wife helping paint the hulls, maybe you wouldn't have had such a hard time! :wink:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Looks amazing Dan! You have done yourself proud.
Just wondering do you have any guess as to the amount of man hours in it at this point?

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:08 pm Looks amazing Dan! You have done yourself proud.
Just wondering do you have any guess as to the amount of man hours in it at this point?
Gotta be near 10,000

I have worked on it full time for 5 years steady this August. Most weeks, I put in about 60 hours. Probably take 6 weeks off a year total. 47•5•60 = 14,100

But I had some hip issues in 2017 and paid some help for 5 years about 40 hours a month. So, maybe closer to 12,000 hours.

Brother said the other day I'm retired. Not really valid.
Last edited by fallguy1000 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

My eyes glaze over and my head starts to spin whenever I look at this thread! 8O
There is BIG.............and then there is BIG! :lol:

An amazing build - congratulations! :D

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Dan congratulations on the perfection and the pain you went through with your hip to finally finish a beautiful boat!!! I hope all goes well on Tuesday with the inspection and you are free and clear to head down the Big Muddy to your new home in Texas. :D Tom

PS: When do you plan to head south?
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

OrangeQuest wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:52 am
BarraMan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:27 am My boat has 6 x 12v batteries and 4 x onboard smart chargers - works just fine! 8O
Go figure! :doh:
You went into detail how your system is hooked up and if I remember correctly, the outboard does not charge all 6 of those batteries. And, if I remember correctly again, you know how long you can troll before the trolling batteries need to be charged, shore powered charged? You are going to have to go into detail again. I am sure there are other gray-haired builders that don't remember the details either. :doh:
I'll post my setup in my build thread just in case its of value to someone else! :doh:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Well done FG!!! Looks great!!! Jeff