Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by cape man »

I think you're too high. Wait till you balance the weight before doing anything on the engines. Shower coming up from the cavitation plates.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

And... CONGRATULATIONS!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Anyone know why Yamaha lists WOT as a range 5000-6000?

Is it 6000?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 pm Anyone know why Yamaha lists WOT as a range 5000-6000?
No. But massive, dual hull congrats on getting that thing wet! What an epic! Really impressed and happy for you, take a minute to bask while you sort out that rooster tail.

I have a yammy 115 on my bay boat which is maxing at about 5200, no idea why, but I noticed the range also. Maybe it's to make customer service easier. "That is well within spec, sir.........is there anything else?"
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

Congratulations on getting your boat in the water. That is a LOT of work...hard work. Well done - boat looks terrific. As other people have said, you'll get the problem fixed before too long.
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Congratulations on the splash!

That spray doesn't appear to be coming from the leg itself - appears to be coming from ahead of the motor!
Can you get someone to drive the boat while you hang over the back and take a look?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

It would be really nice for you to be in a skiff and be able to see the boat run from all angles and at different speeds.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Eventually, I will get the water pics. My back is toast atm. Took tbe solar panels off.

You guys are probably going to get some entertainment this winter with a bulbous bow add on.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Is that a floatation effort or stability effort?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.