FS17

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

FS17

Post by fishgitr »

Can anyone tell me how wide it is at the bottom and then also at the sole level? Thanks guys

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS17

Post by Jeff »

Fishgitr, if you don’t get a thorough response this weekend, just mail me Monday and Reid or I will get the info for you!! Jeff

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Frame C is the widest.
It is 29 7/8 from the centerline at the chine. So just over 60 inches if you include the panel thickness.
The baseline distance isnt marked on that frame (the line is drawn through it so no measurement there)
The baseline isnt much higher though at that frame, so maybe a couple inches wider each side for a total of around 64ish?

fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by fishgitr »

Thanks for that.. Is there a way to make this a rounded chine?

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

fishgitr wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:00 pm Thanks for that.. Is there a way to make this a rounded chine?
/

Any boat can have a rounded chine. The question is, is it worth the effort? I would say no due to the draft of the FS17. You only normally do it from Frame C forward. If your looking at a shallow draft boat with the rounded chine then look at the FS18 or LM18. Both are very shallow running boats.

I suggest you look at your program and what you will be using your boat for be for deciding on a plan and come back and ask which would be best for that.

Regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978