2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 2020 Southeastern Boat Builders Meet

Post by cape man »

Clara's back in her room. Got a thorough rinsing just east of Okeechobee. Was super awesome to see everyone and Reuben's boat, which is fantastico! Clara and Red Alert need to see each other more frequently...

Sorry so many of you missed it. Such a cool community to have become part of.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you guys for all of you that could attend!!! This is a crazy time and I really appreciate you taking the time to spend the weekend with us!!! Congrats to Gino on catching a 40 lb Tarpon on Friday!!!! Waiting for the results of Cape Man & Harrison as they fished after our dinner last night!!! Great time guys and good guidance from all (& AA) on our next get together!!!!! Thanks, Jeff

Rtorres2411
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rtorres2411 »

It was great meeting you all and seeing the boats of Capeman and AA. I still have a plenty to learn :roll:. I had a great time.
The hamburgers and peach cobbler was amazing.

Ruben
Attachments
IMG-20200712-WA0001.jpg
IMG_20200711_144859215.jpg

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Sorry to miss it. Still up here in Wisconsin for another couple of weeks. Hopefully next year.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yes, we missed you BrownDog!!! Great meeting the whole family Rubin and AA!!! Jeff

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

cape man wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:43 am Fall Guy came!20200711_103131.jpg
:lol: :lol:

Let old like a good time. I hope I can make it down to fish and talk boats next year.

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Jeff wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:28 am Yes, we missed you BrownDog!!! Great meeting the whole family Rubin and AA!!! Jeff
Hell yeah Jeff!
Great to see you and Reid again and meet Ruben and his family!
Craig and Pattie are killer awesome friends we don’t get to see every month. Connecting with them is always special. 8)
Hey Gino, great to meet you as well...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who attended the Meet this year. I know it was a challenging year with everything going on in the country. Sorry we missed a few of you who had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, but there is always next year!
The food was great, definitely have to mention the peach cobbler, venison chili, and the Mango/key lime pie!!! Always great to see the boats that make it to the meet! Clara is looking great after her recent paint job. Bare Bones came out really nice and Ruben did a fantastic job on the OB15! Gino, it was nice to finally put a face to a name, glad you made the trip from TX!

Jeff and I got a few minutes to chat with Aripeka Angler and discuss some options for next year. Hope to have all of this COVID stuff behind us so we see everyone next year!!!

Take care,
Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright