Sk 14 SSI Ga

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sk 14 SSI Ga

Post by Jeff »

EDD, tell me again what sine HP is that motor? Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am EDD, tell me again what sine HP is that motor? Jeff
Photo says it's a 9.8
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Jaysen!! I could not read it!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:03 am Thanks Jaysen!! I could not read it!! Jeff
I had to click on the photo then enlarge it in the browser. My eyes are too old for those little pixels these days.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Very cool looking ride you got there!

Edd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Edd »

I finally got around to priming and painting the top side. And cut out the scupper hole too.
Attachments
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Edd, looks good!! Jeff

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Sweet. Looks mighty good!

Edd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Edd »

I'm 99.9999% done. I just need to finish some wiring and mount the rear light.

I tested it out today with the 9.8hp in the wind and chop and I was able to run a consistent 18.6mph. I thought I might be able to go faster, but I guess my beefing it up has something to do with it (extra foam and framing triple layer backer and knees, "heavy duty" glassing etc). I haven't weighed the hull, but when flipping it for painting it was easy for me and my neighbor. But it is very rigid. I did have the gas tank full and the cooler full of water in order to see what it would do loaded, and I'm about 220lb. It planes off very quickly though and when idling you can turn it on a dime. It ran really good through the chop too. It didn't doesn't spray water either. Its surprisingly stable too. It's really easy to step in and out of when you are in about 1-2 feet of water. It performs better than I was expecting really.

I enjoyed this project. I was way off on how long I told my wife it would take👍🏻 I'm read to put it to use.

I did want to share something I discovered. the interstate battery store sells small, like 5-10lb small deep cycle batteries. I found them a while back while working on a different project. I bought one for this boat to run the lights and fish finder. It will be housed in the orange dry box. It's actually got enough powe to start the tohatsu that's on the boat; it's a manual and electric start.
Attachments
IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2096.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG
IMG_2090.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2080.JPG
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2071.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG
IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2062.JPG

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Turned out really well. Looks great navigating the twisty creeks we have around here. Well done!