FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thank you guys! I had a very crazy day!

Got the crew off to go work the only venue you we have going right now. Got a couple of baskets to do some trans planting of some plants. Just got changed into my comfy shorts when the phone rang. Left front wheel fell off the vehicle while hauling two customers with their boats! Race to where they are at, the wrecker and police were there already. Hooked the trailer to the back on my LITTLE Soul and dropped the customers off. Got to the warehouse to drop the trailer off and the wrecker driver was saying he needed cash! We don't carry cash! So I gave him and family a free tour as a trade.---he got the better deal but we all walk away happy.

Made a deal with a young lady to bring her 3 paddleboards as a make up for the tow bill. They came late. Another young lady called wanting to paddle for her birthday and gets lost. We have to have the boats off the water 30 minutes before sunset (8:00 here) and all of her party is still not there by 6:45 PM. On the phone with her and tell my crew to stay and make sure she gets to paddle, because we share the same birthday I gave here our military discount of 50% off. I got to start relaxing with a cold beer at 8:15 PM. Fell asleep after a bowl of ice cream!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday (a day late)!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thank you Jeff!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Last of the hatch hardware, I hope!

The game plan is to fair the top side of the hatches and apply the 4oz glass. Drill the holes back through the glass. Neat coat the bottom side of the hatches and use the nylon bolts to pull the tee nuts into the countersinks while the epoxy is still green, embedding them into the wood and holding them in till the epoxy cures. Would be easier to drill out the nylon than SS bolts. Cover the undersides with 4oz cloth and call it a day.

I sure do know how to make something you guys make look easy and turn it into a complex mess! :lol: :lol:
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

:lol:

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Bogieman wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 pm:lol:
:D

Those that have been following should get a chuckle too, cause I have been making thing way more complex than they need to be.

Just this morning I mounted the main power supply terminal block and inserted the battery cable ends I made. The little clear shield that covers the posts will not set flush due to the set screws are sticking up to high. I have drilled a hole in the positive end and got it flush but still need to do the negative. I may post pictures later.

I also SWEAT sanded my hatches in prep for the finishing glass to be laid on them. Those of you that live in the hot, humid climates know why I call it "sweat" sanding. 8O
A. A. Milne

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

How are you looking for the minor storms heading your way? :|

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

OQ, Be safe out there!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

BB Sig wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:22 pm How are you looking for the minor storms heading your way? :|
My two weather stations here at my apartment do not show any changes yet. They both (at 29.88 inHg, but the more sensitive one just went to 29.89) are showing the barometric pressure is going up. Anyone live along the coast for a decade or so, knows the "feel" of a major storm. Air starts moving, it feel dry and very moist at the same time. I was outside at our warehouse to make sure there was nothing loose in the warehouse parking lot, that the employees from the weekend left out, and the feel is not there.

The one that is predicted to hit my area around 9 (2 hours from now) doesn't look like it has enough in it to even give us rain, much less any wind. The buildings here at my complex, form a outside barrier like a fort and where my weather station is outside doesn't get correct wind direction but shows wind speed, it is gusting from 0 to 1 mph. 8O PANIC!!

I did have the local news on this morning and if you go by what they are saying, we are all going to be flooded and under water by Thursday. Should be interesting to watch the Walmart parking lot across from me fill up today as people start to panic buy. This is senior day at most places, bet that is not going to happen. From helping rescue people during the floods of Harvey, what the news shows and what is really going on is not the same. Different reality.

Even the management of my complex put notices on our doors. The statement was that once the storm gets closer we are on our own, that management and maintance will not be anywhere near here. I have lived here more than 10 years...it doesn't flood and the complex was built in the late 70's. What do they know that we don't about the buildings? :lol: :lol:
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jeff wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 am OQ, Be safe out there!!! Jeff
Thanks Jeff!

Just like you guys, we been down this road before, our road just isn't as well traveled! :)
A. A. Milne