FS14- Bayou City Boat

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: FS14- Bayou City Boat

Post by OrangeQuest »

Oh! PANIC!! I have to go panic buy! I am down to only one case of beer! And need bananas!

Today is my normal day to buy food stuff but I am still stocked for the area I live in, just have to get things that don't keep more than a week like fresh fruits and veggies...and BEER!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

OrangeQuest wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 am Oh! PANIC!! I have to go panic buy! I am down to only one case of beer! And need bananas!

Today is my normal day to buy food stuff but I am still stocked for the area I live in, just have to get things that don't keep more than a week like fresh fruits and veggies...and BEER!
LOL! When Laura was first heading our way, I told the wife to get some beer. She brought home a less than stellar choice. I will have to be specific next time! :lol:

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Stay safe OQ. She is heading right for you

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Bogieman wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 pm Stay safe OQ. She is heading right for you
Thank you Bogie, looks like we are going to be missed by a few inches and just get the "clean" side of it. Hoping that we don't get much rain, need to work!

It has now clouded up and the air has that dry moist heavy feel to it with the wind starting to stir. Barometric reading is starting to drop a little (29.80).
The wind direction pointer is spinning around faster than the speed sensor!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Slowly hacking away at my hatches.. talk about OCD issues! I brought them home to wet sand on my patio. You can see a few brush hair and dust in the epoxy but the under sides are ready for the bilge paint. Still going to put a final coat of neat epoxy on the top side and wet sand then again and they will be done.
The tee nuts have been countersunk and then glued in with the neat coat of the underside. You can see the nylon bolts and washers I used to keep the threads clear of epoxy... THEY WORKED!! Finally! Had to crack the bolts loose from the epoxy but they kept the holes clean.

The wet sanding was a fast and easy way to keep all dust down and the sand paper from clogging up. 1/3" of a full sheet of 80 grit, did the top and bottom sides of all 7 hatches. It will be the way I am going to go when fairing and finishing the topsides and hull.
I am getting closer to the "1000 little things left" mark!!
A. A. Milne

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Great idea with the bolts! :D

How's the business fairing after the storms?

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

We did not miss a beat, no rain, no wind. But have cut back to being open only weekends. Have a big event booked for both Saturday (today) and Sunday, that does not include our park venue. We are closed Labor Day for employee only paddle.
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Very nice OQ!

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

How are things going?
Hank

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

pee wee wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:45 pm How are things going?
It has been put on hold waiting for the motor. The Suzuki uses a draglink for steering and I may need to provide clearance in the splash deck so the draglink can move freely. It was an unexpected issue that dampened my will to continue the rest of the boat till I get the motor. That and I do not have anyone answering the company phone, so I do it, 7 days a week from 8 till 6. Getting involved with sanding, cutting or coating something and the phone rings I have to stop everything to answer and at times it is not much time between calls. If I have to use a computer then I have to clean up and go into the office...it became a big pain to try and do both. I also don't go to the venue as much to help out, even with ear buds it is not easy to help get people in boats and talk on the phone at the same time. So, I set up a home office and spend my time near a computer.
A. A. Milne