FS14 LS CnC drawings

Please see our tutorials and FAQ before posting.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

FS14 LS CnC drawings

Post by Capt UB »

I have the plans for the FS14 LS. Is it possible to get the CnC cutout drawing beforehand? Some of the cutouts I may not want cut.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS14 LS CnC drawings

Post by Jeff »

CPT UB, we do sell or loan our CNC Cut plans. Our cut files are very specific to our CNC table and likely would not work perfectly with another! Jeff

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

I don't think he wants the cut file, rather, a drawing of what will be cut so he can omit any cuts in the kit that he would later have to go back and undo.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Marshall Moser, but that would be the plans, not at actual size as we don't have those as paper tends to shrink!! Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Jeff, maybe he wants to see what are the cuts included in the kit? We can send him some PDF files or discuss it over the phone.

Marshall, is that it? In the CNC parts, we generally do not cut any openings. Not everybody wants the openings the way I draw them. If you want, we can cut some but most builders prefer to handle the hatches them self.
Email or call Reid, we are very flexible about those openings if you want them.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

jacquesmm wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:41 pm Jeff, maybe he wants to see what are the cuts included in the kit? We can send him some PDF files or discuss it over the phone.

Marshall, is that it? In the CNC parts, we generally do not cut any openings. Not everybody wants the openings the way I draw them. If you want, we can cut some but most builders prefer to handle the hatches them self.
Based on his FS14 build, with the hatches glued back in, yes, he wants to make sure no hatches are cut. Right, Capt UB?

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

jacquesmm wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:41 pm Jeff, maybe he wants to see what are the cuts included in the kit? We can send him some PDF files or discuss it over the phone.

Thank you to all.

Yes the hatch cutouts, motor well and storage opening. When I got my CnC for the FS14, it came with 8x11 printouts of what the router was programmed to cut. I was hoping to see what was cut and not cut on the CnC Kit for the FS 14 LS. I'm having the plans blown up (printed) today. So will be able to see what there is.... Just need two weeks of 70* weather and my FS14 will be built, but not painted!!! Already have her name made in vinyl for the transom, "Beaucoup De Temps". Lots of time....
89.jpg

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

I don't see anything other than the motor well being cut out. So this design does not have the hatches and storage cutouts. Thanks for the information.