Bama Build D15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Bama Build D15

Post by Fuzz »

Just to add a little to this................
When you buy a set of plans you are not only getting the measurements to make a boat looking thing but also you get the designer's knowledge and experience. The materials and use of them are not just a guess or what looks good but are something a professional knows will do the intended job.
If you want to make changes to the plans ask the designer for his opinion. The other great thing you get here is advice from lots of people with a huge amount of experience. No matter what if there is a debate on how to do something and the designer weighs in I would go with what he says. In the case of do you glass before or after installing the stringers JM has said glass the total bottom before installing the stringers so that ends the debate as far as I am concerned.

KENBOUCHER
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KENBOUCHER »

Thanks guys i appreciate the advise. I hate when guys stray from my designs also. I promise im following the plans! Kindof. Im forced into dealing with earlier mistakes but all is well 8)

KENBOUCHER
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KENBOUCHER »

I glued the knees wet on wet on too of the biax tape along the transom seam then will tape both sides prior to cloth. I like

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

The sweet thing about this building method is there is almost no mistake you can not recover from :wink:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Are you issuing a challenge?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:46 am The sweet thing about this building method is there is almost no mistake you can not recover from :wink:
Jaysen wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:01 am Are you issuing a challenge?
8O 8O

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I always like a good challenge. And I'm making some "now I know" parts for my LIl Bit. I jsut may see if I can't prove fuzzy wrong in the course of events.

For the record, I've known to really find new ways to screw things up. I'm a pro at it.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

KENBOUCHER
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KENBOUCHER »

transom and motor board laminated. Finally got one right!
IMG_0383.JPG

KENBOUCHER
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KENBOUCHER »

transom with supports in progress

KENBOUCHER
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KENBOUCHER »