Alaska Pictures

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Alaska Pictures

Post by OrangeQuest »

Great pictures. We are starting to have Bald Eagles nesting in some areas of our bayous. Normally a mating pair with offspring from time to time.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Just goes to show you, there is plenty of fish and ground prey up there. I see a pair every year flying around the DeLand/St. Johns River area, but never more then two. Beautiful bird.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

These days I wonder if the national bird shouldn't be a vulture. Seems like that's where politics is heading.

We get a few pairs down at Lil Bit's house (can't be mine anymore since I don't seem to live there much). They can be MEAN if you have a fish they want. As in "Thank you for removing the hook so i can take this with no entanglements" and "I see your puny kayak! do you see my talons?!?!" (which results in screaming like a little girl). Still cooler than anything short of a war plane bussing the sound playing with newbies the Marine factory.

BTW, those F35 aren't nearly as sexy as a F18 doing a low runs. Congress really needs to think about getting the 35 a prettier skin (yes... I know it's all about deflection but it's just an ugly beast).

Where were we? Right... pictures of Alaska. Sorry.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Since Jaysen brought up airplanes, this is a bit long.
Guy I know who flys for a local flight service had a habit of buzzing an Eagles nest that was along his flight path. The male would take flight looking for a fight but by then the 206 Cessna was long gone. He got a kick out of this every time he made that trip. One day he had a buddy along with him and they buzzed the eagle. A week or so later the buddy is out flying and buzzes the eagle. About 10 minutes later here comes the first pilot not knowing his buddy had been there. He looks all around down below for the eagle. No eagle to be seen :doh: He then looks out in front and there is the eagle..........wings spread and talons out. He had well and truly had all he was going to take and was going to have it out with that 206. The guy barely managed to dodge the eagle. He now gives that eagles nest a 5 mile buffer zone.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Fuzz had a pair nesting in front of our cabin this summer. Unfortunately their tree was knocked down this winter when the Mississippi came up and caused another tree to fall over and knock theirs down. Hope they will come back and find another tree nearby.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

So I bet you boys down south do not get window shades like this

cape man

Post by cape man »

Kicked on the AC this afternoon...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

cape man wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:42 pm Kicked on the AC this afternoon...

Kicked on an extra sweater this afternoon.... :lol:
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:42 pm Kicked on the AC this afternoon...
And here I thought you and AA were my buddies :cry: