Alaska Pictures

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Alaska Pictures

Post by Fuzz »

I figured the "boobies" would get lookers :lol: Some things never change for men :roll:

Jaysen it has been a while since I shot one but I would think 200-250 lbs off of one of these guys. They can not be hunted in this area in fact you would be better off committing murder than shooting one of these. Some years back two dip shits shot one. The public was so mad they put up $25000 for info on who did it. Both guys got 2-3 years in prison and then had to leave the state.

Even though I see animals pretty regular around here it is special to see ones like these in the yard.

cape man

Post by cape man »

So after reading about all the reestablished herds, all of them are suffering from natural predators especially that coastal herd.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Fuzz absolutely beautiful animals. Glad they are not allowed to be hunted. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm So after reading about all the reestablished herds, all of them are suffering from natural predators especially that coastal herd.
It is my understanding that there were three herds introduced back into this area. None of the herds has really grown like it was thought they would. It did not help that one of the herds got almost totally wiped out by an avalanche.
For some reason the local herd produces some really large bulls. They have darted and measured at least one that would score 20% over the current Boone&Crockett record. Either way two of the three that were in my yard were truly amazing animals.