GF16 Kansas build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GF16 Kansas build

Post by Jeff »

Good stuff Piperdown!!! Jeff

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Jeff wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm Good stuff Piperdown!!! Jeff
As soon as I'm settled I'll be getting an order ready for some epoxy. I got ride of the last little bit as I didn't trust it. Start with some fresh epoxy to kickstart the build.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just let us know!!! Jeff

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

So, dust, dust, cough, cough!
Apparently I have forgotten all the rules of working with epoxy and fiberglass.
Rule number one, wear long sleeved shirts while grinding fiberglass. Enough said about that. Luckily I had found my box with my half face and full face respirator. Still so many boxes from moving 14 hours from Kansas after 17 years in one place.

Restarted the build yesterday. This is after my wife's second bout with breast cancer and a move from Kansas to West Virginia. Bought a trailer to haul my GF16 out here. It's way too big for a 16' Jon boat but the trailer was cheap, sturdy and worked. Not sure what I should do with the trailer. At some point I need to get something that fits. There's at least 2-2 1/2 feet on either side of the GF. It's got 15" tires that are rated for 70 mph! Axle is beefy. Needs the wiring to be tidied up.

Ordered a fresh set of epoxy from Jeff and Reid and arrived 2 weeks ago.

Did some grinding and cleaning up epoxy drips on the inside (oh I wish I had listened and taped the interior seams!).
I've got a few other projects to finish up this week (seal coating the asphalt driveway, mowing) before working on the boat again. Looking at Sat at the earliest.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good to hear from you Eric!! I hope your wife is doing well now!! Jeff