Jaysen's SB18 - A Bit More

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Jaysen's SB18 - A Bit More

Post by OrangeQuest »

Before you get to excited shouldn't you get the dripped wax and the Queen of the house crest embedded in the wax on the required documentation of approval? You may have had one to many bottles of rum and dreamed of that conversation. :D
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well... she’s handling the finding of build space. I thinks she’s serious.

We are very much in research mode right now. Space is a problem. Can build that hull in the apartment here.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

Jaysen wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:53 pm Well... she’s handling the finding of build space. I thinks she’s serious.

We are very much in research mode right now. Space is a problem. Can build that hull in the apartment here.
No, but you could start building some of the smaller pieces while you look for more space. Rudder, keel assembly, etc.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I’ll be buying the CNC kit. So need space to keep “boat on a pallet”. That said I will be working on drive train development and control system programming.

Time for inner nerd to visit the real world again.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Well, I'll be following along :D

I know nothing about sailing. Grew up in Idaho. My only experience in sailing is going with my uncles friend in a sailboat across the lower area of Lake Huron. I do recall he said it was a 38 footer and I drank a lot of beer and got a sunburn falling asleep on the deck (uncle said I could have beer even though I was 16...did I mention being raise in Idaho :D )

So...my extent of sailing knowledge is a big damn sheet of cloth, hoping to catch the wind, and head "thataway". Plus a bunch of perplexing terms that accompany sailing and sailors. Although I do heartily endorse "bilge rat", evokes imaging of damp smelly areas, foul beyond measure, with small creatures that would readily slit your throat for a bit of "grog" or a shiny bit of copper. :lol:
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

piperdown wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:07 pm Although I do heartily endorse "bilge rat", evokes imaging of damp smelly areas, foul beyond measure, with small creatures that would readily slit your throat for a bit of "grog" or a shiny bit of copper. :lol:
Sounds like you’ve met my relatives...

Sailing is a disease. If you catch it you have to learn how to articulate you symptoms and cures to others. Then you have all the “medical paraphernalia” to understand linguistically and in terms of use. But like most diseases you have to treat it regularly.

And I’m WV the drinking age is set by when you are able to swallow. But maybe my family is a bit less civilized than most.