C19/C21 Questions for Jacques

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

C19/C21 Questions for Jacques

Post by Jeff »

The following question came into us through our email for Jacques: "Hi, What is the difference between the C19 and the C21, from the study plans they look the same bar the extra 2 feet however the smaller boat is rated to take a larger max engine size, is this correct, can you explain? Thanks"

Response from Jacques: "That's the difference: the same style of boat, one larger than the other. The USCG max. HP is certainly much higher for the C21. I upgraded the max. HP for the C19 because builders asked for more HP and also saw bigger engines in the pictures but I never upgraded the C21. I am certain that the C21 can take 200 HP per USCG calculations.
Each plan shows a transom with a clamping board. If someone wants to install 200 HP or more on the C21, I would prefer to have a full-thickness transom, not a clamping board. The dimensions are given on the plans. This also allows the installation of a bracket. Note that our boats are lighter than production boats and do not require as much for the same speed."