not all pictures load

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: not all pictures load

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 pm If the phone upload is failing then it is likely that the XIF data has an issue. The fact the other systems can open the photos means that the raw data is there but the BBC forum is just not happy with it.

Try opening one of the offending photos on you laptop with MS paint, then do a “save as” to a different location. One you have the save as completed try uploading the NEW file. Hopefully MS will encode the data in a more BBC friendly way.
If I haven't said it yet then I do not like using win10. I was much happier when I had 8.1.

I did what you suggested and it did work! MS Paint is my default picture editor/viewer but I never thought to open then save as. I used the same picture I have been trying to get to load onto the forum so if it worked I am pretty sure the rest will as well. Thank you Jaysen for your help. :)
OQ

Update: tried it on a few more that would not load and they all work now.
Last edited by OrangeQuest on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, thank you very much for your assistance with OQ and others that have had problems loading photos!! OQ, glad you are up and running with loading photos!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Me too Jeff!! Again, Jaysen thank you helping me.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

OQ, I'm glad that got it! Sometimes it's just a compatibility between "new" and "old" technologies. The save as trick has been in the IT diag tool box since... save as was invented. :)

What phone and operating system are you using? I'll see if there are possible fixes that BBC might be able to implement to make this a bit easier (and possible fix the problem for someone who hasn't read this thread).

Jeff, I'll start working on the "how to" over the weekend. not likely to see anything until I'm on vacation next week (something to do while traveling). I know the picture thing can be a real PITA for everyone so hopefully we can get things working easily. If there are plugins or other PHPBB things to discuss, who should I talk too?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, the appropriate person to discuss with now is Crystal (her email address is crystal@e-boat.net)!! Thank you and no rush!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

My phone is an android galaxy 5S and my computers are running windows 10. Not sure if that is enough info.
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Thanks Jeff.

OQ, can you tell me which version of android you are running? My bet is that you updated recently...
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 am Thanks Jeff.

OQ, can you tell me which version of android you are running? My bet is that you updated recently...
:doh: Android version 6.0.1 ???

I am not sure what the correct answer is. But in the "about phone" that is what came up. My cell phone checked for updates last month but it did not give any clues if it updated at that time. Normally it asks if I want it to update and to make sure my phone is fully charged and R2D2 opops up then but that hasn't happened for quiet awhile.
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:11 pm
Jaysen wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 am Thanks Jeff.

:doh: Android version 6.0.1 ???

I am not sure what the correct answer is. But in the "about phone" that is what came up. My cell phone checked for updates last month but it did not give any clues if it updated at that time. Normally it asks if I want it to update and to make sure my phone is fully charged and R2D2 opops up then but that hasn't happened for quiet awhile.
Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Thanks!