Question for sail boat guys!

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
joe2700
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Question for sail boat guys!

Post by joe2700 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:26 am Sorry Joe2700 was not saying you were dense and you are on the right track. I like the one you posted and it looks like it will do the trick. I don't use Amazon or eBay when searching but my fishing buddy has an account and will have him order the one you posted. Thank you very much!

OQ
Don't worry I didn't think you were calling me dense, I was calling myself dense because I didn't read your post well before responding and when I did read it took a few tries. Not my sharpest on 2 hours sleep.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Ordered the 4" fairlead today. Will get it Friday! Seen some 9" hand rails I like in Stainless too! If the fairlead is not small enough I may try to make a little roller fairlead.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

The 4" straight fairlead came in today and I think it will work. Holding in place I could move the line from side to side and it was still a fairly straight pull.

Thank you to everyone that shared their insights on this. Next will be the post in the front!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Looks like that will work fine. Not the kind of thing I've considered but I think you worked out a perfect solution. :D
Tony