45’ trimaran

Questions and Answers about the Woods Designs, multihulls and others.
D/K effect
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

45’ trimaran

Post by D/K effect »

Saw this on CL

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/45ft-tr ... 83225.html
E11A278C-E44A-44CC-9313-A4430AB47F50.jpeg
E11A278C-E44A-44CC-9313-A4430AB47F50.jpeg (78.53 KiB) Viewed 10207 times
D4F0A573-53C8-4DF2-B922-C974CDAAAAE4.jpeg
D4F0A573-53C8-4DF2-B922-C974CDAAAAE4.jpeg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 10207 times

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 45’ trimaran

Post by Jaysen »

Man that’s pretty. If I wasn’t such a monohull lover I’d be very tempted to talk to the Mrs. Heck, I may attempt that conversation anyway. Seriously pretty hull.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:35 pm Man that’s pretty. If I wasn’t such a monohull lover I’d be very tempted to talk to the Mrs. Heck, I may attempt that conversation anyway. Seriously pretty hull.
You blow boaters................all them ropes and funny terms :doh:

You need wind to make them work....................wind and water at the same time :help:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Anytime a project is unfinished; it supposed to be free, unless the builder died.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fg, reading the add it seems that all of the $$ was getting the hull to water. Did you read it differently?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 pm Fg, reading the add it seems that all of the $$ was getting the hull to water. Did you read it differently?
I was uncertain. But if it costs that much to get it to water; something is amiss.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 pm
Jaysen wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 pm Fg, reading the add it seems that all of the $$ was getting the hull to water. Did you read it differently?
I was uncertain. But if it costs that much to get it to water; something is amiss.
I'm reading it from the ad as "25k is to make it seaworthy so it can be motored", which is the asking price and then "you need to have a budget in the 125k range after the move and want to finish the project". That really makes the asking prince at $150,000. Scratching my head at this at the numbers don't seem to line up with the pics unless they used finished photos of another boat.

This other sentence bothers me "Has some repairable damage from sitting".
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

D/K effect
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by D/K effect »

Here’s the ad copy

45 foot Roger Simpson Liahona Trimaran project, route surveyed by Brownell Systems from current location in Peabody MA to Popes Landing in Danvers MA. 75 hp yanmar turbo diesel installed and tested all fuel tanks and water tanks installed, needs work on Amas and no rigging, Green Marine in Yarmouth ME has reviewed the boat and said it could be motored there for completion, they can do a turn key ready to sail. This boat has been built in its current location by a top craftsman, work completed of the highest quality. Many new parts wheel, Prop, anchor etc. come with the boat. Has some repairable damage from sitting, boat was being wired and has custom panels installed. The 25k is to make it seaworthy so it can be motored, Crane, Brownell System moving fee, you need to have a budget in the 125k range after the move and want to finish the project. As of now we are taking proposals on the boat, we are working on wrapping this up, please send your contact info to me as soon as you can.
Thanks for looking.

D/K effect
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by D/K effect »

It reads to me that they are expecting it to cost 25k to get it to the yard in Maine

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Also seems to read that it was not a "amature" refit as much as a restoration using multiple teams. Considering that "damage from sitting" likely means crush points on hulls, it needs rigging, AND they are talking about a yard doing the work, 125k to complete actually seems right.

To me it's a beautiful looking boat. I could see taking it on as a project but not at that price unless that's delivered to me (motor the ICW). Even then I'm not sure I'd really do it justice as I'd inevitably wind up budget bound at some point.

It's fun to dream about sailing that around the globe though.