AR 15 Waterline???

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AR 15 Waterline???

Post by Biney777 »

Hi,
How do I figure out the approximate waterline for AR 15? I am installing hatches in the seat sides and I would think that these should be level to the world as the boat sits on the water? The sole for sure and I thinks the seat tops are both sloped aft quite a bit.

Thanks
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: AR 15 Waterline???

Post by TomW1 »

I would not worry about them. Design them to be watertight and they will be fine. I have been on several small sail boats and as long as you keep them toward the center of gravity and do not load them with a lot of weight they will be fine. The AR15 is a fine boat and I think you will be happy with it. Keep them above the sole.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: AR 15 Waterline???

Post by Biney777 »

Thanks Tom,

That will be my plan, to keep them above the sole and just follow the slope of the seat tops. For now I am just going to install two hatches one on either side. Because, really how much storage could I possibly need...
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.