Stopping someone from posting on my Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Stopping someone from posting on my Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page

Post by Capt UB »

Would like to stop someone from posting on my
"Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page. Any other area is fine if he wants to reply, just don't want him posting on my building page.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Stopping someone from posting on my Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page

Post by Bogieman »

Capt UB wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:34 am Would like to stop someone from posting on my
"Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page. Any other area is fine if he wants to reply, just don't want him posting on my building page.
Hi CaptUB! I'm not real familiar with the inner technical workings of the forum but thought I remembered seeing a friends and foes tab or something like that.

I will never understand why some feel the need to sow discontent on this forum. We should only post things that help build up boats and each other. Right?

Build on UB!

Bogie

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Stopping someone from posting on my Builder's Progress and non technical messages" page

Post by cape man »

Click on your user name and go to user control panel. Click on foes. Add the user name you want to block.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Thanks Capeman.
I was just searching for that option: I knew it existed but forgot where it was.

About blocking someone: it works but you may miss some good input from that person. He may aggravate you at times but be knowledgeable.
When you block him, it is not limited to a particular forum or thread, it's every post that is blocked.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Sometimes when a person makes an annoying post; the best thing to do Capt is a simple ignore.

It is when we reply to everything when calamity occurs.

If someone makes an offensive post on your thread; you can ask them to remove it as well.

There are different ways other than angry bans. It should be a last resort.

All the best.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:09 pm It is when we reply to everything when calamity occurs.
Very true, I have been guilty of that but I don't get in troubles anymore since I decided never to post on the forum after an adult drink.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

jacquesmm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:50 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:09 pm It is when we reply to everything when calamity occurs.
Very true, I have been guilty of that but I don't get in troubles anymore since I decided never to post on the forum after an adult drink.
:lol:

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

The ironic part of this situation is that the perp in question was singlehandly responsible for Bateau’s decision to create the builder experience tag.
The concept, (great idea by the way), was to give some credibility to those who have actually built real boats.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146