AD16 Painting options Bogieman Myrtle Beach

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD16 Painting options Bogieman Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman »

OrangeQuest wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:23 pm If you are going to use exterior paint in the interior, don't you have a few kids? You could do primer and then get a bunch of the little 8oz cans of paint and let them paint then inside with whatever they come up with! :D
Funny you should mention it. My middle daughter is a bit of an artist and I've been talking with her about doing some type of painting to the seat bottoms so that when a person is laying in the setee on their back they can look up and see a nice painting. She would paint them before they are installed. We haven't decided on the theme yet.

Bogie

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

Just read the following from the Fine Paints of Europe site referenced earlier:
When painting...we recommend that the work be done in a garage or basement with a "wet floor”. The floor should be wet down with mop and bucket at least 24 hours prior to application of paint and kept wet throughout the process in order to serve as a magnet to airborne dust. Where it is not possible to move work to areas suitable for wet floor treatment, many of our best professional contractors utilize inexpensive "kiddie pools” in which they place a half inch of water at least a day or two before beginning paint application.

The use of a fan during this air-cleansing period is recommended as it is the circulation of air over water which effectively cleanses the air. The fan and heat/air conditioning system should be shut off immediately before beginning application of coatings and kept off for two hours after completion of paint application in order to prevent air movement before the paint sets up. (Exhaust fans required when working with solvent borne coatings should not be shut off.)
This would seem a great way to decrease the defects in a high-gloss paint job.
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Now that is interesting.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Don't laugh......

I was bored, so I painted stars and planets above the bunks and above the setee! My niece got the idea to use glow in the dark paint! Never told the guy who bought the boat from me about the glow paint. A few years later we had a few beers and he told me it freaked him out one night! Then he added space ships and other glow in the dark things... Something to think about for the little ones.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Capt UB wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:59 pm Don't laugh......

I was bored, so I painted stars and planets above the bunks and above the setee! My niece got the idea to use glow in the dark paint! Never told the guy who bought the boat from me about the glow paint. A few years later we had a few beers and he told me it freaked him out one night! Then he added space ships and other glow in the dark things... Something to think about for the little ones.
Haha! Take a look at what I just posted on my thread before coming here and seeing your post :lol: And that is a great story of the continuation of things by your buyer. This stuff just keeps getting more and more fun. Thanks CaptUB.

Bogie