AR15 Denver access to "cabin"???

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AR15 Denver access to "cabin"???

Post by Biney777 »

What is the best way to gain access to the "cabin" the lightening holes in the mast frame are too small for me to fit thru. Can I widen/expand one or both? Or should i install a store bought hatch(if i can find one big enough) in front of the mast behind the foreststay chainplate. Or do I build a waterproof hatch for the front space. I don't know that I want to "camp" inside the front. But I would like to keep the anchor etc. In that space and as it is I can only reach an arms length inside.
Attachments
The lightening holes per the plan. My shoulders won't fit currently.
The lightening holes per the plan. My shoulders won't fit currently.
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: AR15 Denver access to "cabin"???

Post by Biney777 »

So, I haven't gotten any reponse to my question. So it is either not a big deal either way or such a bad idea that nobody wants to tell how bad of an idea it is! :wink: :wink: I am going with the first one. I am going to start with just opening up the existing holes an additiinal 1" all around and see what that does for me. That will still leave the 2"s of frame around the edge which I think Jacques spec's on some of his plans. Thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome.
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.