AR15 deck and rigging???

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AR15 deck and rigging???

Post by terrulian »

I was normally the smallest guy aboard so I spent a lot of time in that chair. However, since I am not all jacked up on testosterone, I never did it at sea and never wanted to. Yes, I know that girls and old women do it. Most of them have more testosterone than I do.
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Same. I tied the knots and climbed up to the boom to help her get started... then I looked down and said "nopeitynopenope". She was up there chattering like a squirrel the whole time. I'm sure I'll be up there soon enough.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 »

In the Air Force I had to pass the fear of heights test which I think was at least a 100' and might have been a 150' tower that you had to climb to the top so that your head and shoulders were above the top of the tower and then let go with your hands and lean back against your harness. Back then we just had our primary harness and 1 back up safety line. It was invigorating to say the least... I was wearing bdu's at the time and I will never tell if it was more important that day than most!
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 »

I went ahead and glassed the bowsprit I have wrapped it w/ 2 layers of commercial shrink wrap wrapped tightly. I hope the plastic wrap doesn't screw it up, but the sock is super heavy and tough to wet out. I put 9 pumps or approx 9 oz of epoxy on it. It wasn't so wet it was dripping off the bottom but it is close. I am hoping the shrink wrap minimizes the weave of the cloth.

I should have weighed the fg to ensure the proper ratio as I have learned from Fallguy but it is Friday night so I went with what I have taught myself which is "F it, get er done!" :D
Attachments
Very heavy weave of the fiberglass sock.
Very heavy weave of the fiberglass sock.
Glassed w/ 2 layers of shrink wrap
Glassed w/ 2 layers of shrink wrap
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat »

The key to glassing and then shrink wrapping spars, is poking little holes all over the shrink wrap so the excess resin can squeeze out.