Conchfish 16 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
seaslug
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Conchfish 16 build

Post by seaslug »

Well, it's been a little over three years, so I guess an update on Scott's Conchfish is long overdue. The finished hull sat in his garage for a few years untouched due to a number of factors. First, I sold my house next to Scott and bought a delapidated shack in another town that I then spent a year rebuilding while living in a camper. Then his wife had a baby and covid arrived screwing up everything. We finally got back to work building a deck mold on my shop floor, glassing the deck, and bringing it back to Scott's for him to finish. Well, 3 or 4 months later I said why don't you bring it back to my place and I'll finish it. So, that's what we did, and I finished the deck a few months ago. Still needs the poling platform, and these pics are without the rub rail. Image
Attachments
IMG_0892 (1).JPG
IMG_0823 (1).JPG
IMG_0677 (1).JPG
IMG_0674 (1).JPG
IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_1525.JPG
IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1526.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG

cape man

Post by cape man »

And....once again! Your work is awesome! That looks like a very fun boat!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Looks amazing, how does it run?

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

Thanks guys. I haven't even been out on this one yet, but I fish weekly from my buddy Don's Conchfish we built a few years ago and it's an amazing shallow flats skiff. We built Scott's a little different, and heavier, with a false floor, jack plate, trim tabs, and a heavier motor. It has a 30 hp Tohatsu and Scott told me he gets 31 mph solo. He'll try different props because I think he's hitting the rev limiter. Craig, I was about a minute from buying the OD18 from Tom, but you beat me to it. Probably a good think, since I don't need another boat. I did just buy a LM18 hull that Travis, aka Fishgitr built and sold a few years ago. I'll post pics soon. Here are a few more of Scott's.
Attachments
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

A pic of Don's Conchfish, and a few showing how skinny we fish. Soft mud bottom, bone dry to no more than 6 inches and we never had to get out of the boat. Takes a little doing but you're able to push it through the mud and get to deeper water.
Attachments
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_1137 (1).JPG

cape man

Post by cape man »

Yeah, getting Larry's boat was something I can't say no to. Probably going to find a home for the LM18 hull I bought from John almost 3 years ago.

You doing good?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Beautiful boat SeaSlug!!!! Great seeing you recently!!! Jeff

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

I'm doing great Craig, thanks for asking. If you decide to sell the LM18 I may be interested.