C12 in Florida

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: C12 in Florida

Post by VT_Jeff »

94'325is wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:10 pm Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. It's a great feeling when the sail loads, the boat heels a little and it takes off.

I used Interlux Brightsides in Blu-Glo white. I'm very happy with the color and in the sun you almost need sunglasses to look at it.
😎

Any plans for oars? They'll go good with a trolled lure when the breeze sags.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

94'325is
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by 94'325is »

Oars were considered when I was building it but I never got around to putting them in. I think it might still be a good idea though, especially since when I've been out on the local lake it seems like the bass follow the boat. I wish they acted the same with my skiff when I'm actually trying to catch fish.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

94'325is wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 am it seems like the bass follow the boat. I wish they acted the same with my skiff when I'm actually trying to catch fish.
I'm sure that once they see a rod in the boat they'll go elsewhere, seems to be how it works for me. :D
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie