Jeffs FS14 LS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jeffs FS14 LS

Post by Dan_Smullen »

So the popping cork did the work today? Nice! It's a great way to fish. Keeps you moving and often yields results!

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

That looks like tons of fun! Not fair you guys can fish in tank tops and I am looking for my snow shovel :cry:

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fuzz wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:15 pm That looks like tons of fun! Not fair you guys can fish in tank tops and I am looking for my snow shovel :cry:
Keep in mind we are in vaca in the southern climes. At home in maple syrup land, its wool hats and socks, though no snow yet......

2 more days and it's back to reality. 😥
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Crazy weather, you guys have fun!!! Jeff

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

I really like the deck hatches with flush hinges. Where did you find the ones you used?

SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

BrianC wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:12 pm I really like the deck hatches with flush hinges. Where did you find the ones you used?
Thanks Brian.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QG ... UTF8&psc=1

I had a master cut-off switch, a circuit breaker and a BlueSea USB charger from Amazon all fail on me and am in the process of replacing them, but the hinges have been good, no sign of rust yet.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

I ordered some similar to those. One came in before the rest and the hinge was just straight up crunchy. I cancelled the rest of the order and got some of the cheaper Gemlux hinges. Theyre sheet metal vs cast but super smooth.

Was the circuit breaker bluesea? I've gotten nothing but BlueSea for electrical parts so far. Well except for the TM breaker. I got the MinnKota one which is probably rebranded from something else.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Amazon has gotten to be a lot like eBay in that the quality of sellers now includes some sketchy ones, and I think it's more common to get goods that are counterfeit. Not saying that's what you had happen, but under one listing you can have multiple sellers, and some of them might ship the actual product in the photos and some may ship something cheaper. There have been a number of companies mentioned here for a variety of products, I began collecting them in a file, because I can't remember stuff . . . now where did I put that file? :lol:
Hank

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Yes Amazon has a huge counterfeit problem. It's just way too stinking convenient!

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

pee wee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:31 am Amazon has gotten to be a lot like eBay in that the quality of sellers now includes some sketchy ones, and I think it's more common to get goods that are counterfeit. Not saying that's what you had happen, but under one listing you can have multiple sellers, and some of them might ship the actual product in the photos and some may ship something cheaper. There have been a number of companies mentioned here for a variety of products, I began collecting them in a file, because I can't remember stuff . . . now where did I put that file? :lol:
Agreed, it's becoming a bit of a crap shoot. Like...."Shoot, this is apiece of crap!"