1979 19 ft Sea Ox rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1979 19 ft Sea Ox rebuild

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Just build a bilge well and pump out any water. Scuppers are over rated.

Should be a great fishing rig,
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder »

Hey! Nice work man. Congrats on getting back on the water!!! I know that feels good. I really like your transom mod. I enjoyed your performance review also.

You are a touch north of my waters but I will keep an eye out for you next time I am up that way.

Mr Pamlico
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mr Pamlico »

boguesounder wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:26 pm Hey! Nice work man. Congrats on getting back on the water!!! I know that feels good. I really like your transom mod. I enjoyed your performance review also.

You are a touch north of my waters but I will keep an eye out for you next time I am up that way.
I appreciate it. I really like the way the transom ended up. It ended up working out great for rigging and also keeping water out. When reversing a lot of water is thrown up between the transom and the jack plate. Instead of it ending up in the boat that mini splash well there keeps it all out. I’ve been on other boats with a jack plate mounted on a cutout transom where that water ends up in the boat on a hard reverse