Ongoing C19 questions...

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Ongoing C19 questions...

Post by fallguy1000 »

TomTom wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:54 pm Hey Dan - was poking around online and came across a comment about how many production boats “cross their scuppers” … at first I didn’t understand what they were on about … but I think they connect the port scupper to drain at starboard and vice versa. At first I couldn’t think why - but now wondering whether it’s actually quite a smart way to stop water coming in when one large chap stands at the back of one side of the boat… figured you might still be at the stage if your build where this could be considered useful info!
Curious. How would you do it? I get the reason, so you step to port and star side is up vice versa, but how without having a high spot do they cross?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by TomTom »

fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:32 pm

Curious. How would you do it? I get the reason, so you step to port and star side is up vice versa, but how without having a high spot do they cross?
I suspect you would have to have the deck drain higher than the part going into the water… ie your scupper outlet at the waterline.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

TomTom wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:31 am
fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:32 pm

I suspect you would have to have the deck drain higher than the part going into the water… ie your scupper outlet at the waterline.
Interesting…

With deck drains and hoses going to the scuppers it could work out well. However I’m committed at this point. Sticking the last piece of glass on the sole in the morning. Maybe on the next one. 🤷‍♂️

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Dan_Smullen wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:46 am
Rmarsh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:56 am Your build is going very well.

Thank you again! I'm trying to keep it together in the home stretch! Over the weekend I accepted the fact that if i build it wrong and the engine won't tilt all the way up, I can just cut out and re-build it. NBD...
Yup, that's what I did! Built to best bet at the time. Found that the motor wouldn't tilt all the way :help: - quick modification later :doh: - the motor tilts all the way! :D