CS25 Progress?

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Deedaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Hi all

Post by Deedaddy »

The plywood is Meranti BS1088
The flair is straight from the plans. Takes alot of fairing to build it out to a nice curve.
The engine will be mounted at the stern. The sterndrive and engine weigh 1300#. since the design is for two large outboards on a bracket it should work out.
I have been dry fitting everything into the hull today. Will post picture shortly.

Capt H
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Capt H »

DeeDaddy,

Did you buy the kit or cut it yourself? Shoot me an E-mail with how I can get in contact with you if you don't mind. capthassler@yahoo.com

Deedaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

No kit

Post by Deedaddy »

I cut it myself. Quite easy to do. 8)

Deedaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Glass structure

Post by Deedaddy »

This week has been alot of glassing and structure work. Pictures http://gallery.bateau2.comindex.php?cat=12625[/url]

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

I can't wait to retire...Your kicking some major butt....At this rate you might be fishing by Xmas :lol: Keep it up..Awesome... ~^ ~^ ~^

Deedaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

LOL

Post by Deedaddy »

Well at my age ...64 I need to push. The blue fin will be running off NC coast in Feb. and I hope to land a 400# one on the new boat. Half the fun is in the building....naaaaaaaaaaa...it's the fishing... :lol:

nordmann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Post by nordmann »

[quote="Deedaddy" I plan to power her with a 300 HP cummins diesel sterndrive.[/quote]

Hi.. This is very interesting.! Here in Norway, diesel costs only one third of the price of gasolin. :)
building gv17, D4

Deedaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Chase tubes

Post by Deedaddy »

Chase tube are in and some frames in place. Will be adding foam shortly. New pictures posted.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

At the IBEX show we found some interesting news on Nani Diesel Engines. I am going to be working out a deal get a Toyota based marine diesel (200 hp, 675 pounds). Its the same block used by Yanmar for their engines of that size. Very light weight and serviceable by a Toyota or Yanmar mechanic! Oh yeah, and the price is better. :)

The have other engines also, but that one would work very well for the CS boats.

More to come soon, hopefully.

Joel

JimW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JimW »

DeeDaddy,

Nice work. Great pace too.
Jim Wright
CC, D15, SC16, C19