Gallery issues

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
MikeyGnz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Gallery issues

Post by MikeyGnz »

Hi. I've been getting the following message for the last 2 days whenever I try to upload a photo to the gallery. Not sure if the issue is my end or yours. Cheers. Mike

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gallery.bateau2.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

MikeyGnz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Gallery issues

Post by MikeyGnz »

I'm still having issues. Getting the same problems on my home computer, work computer and smartphone so I don't think it is at my end. Is anyone else having problems uploading photos?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

MikeyGnz, No no one else is having issues. Maybe Jaysen will see this thread and assist you. He is quite good. I will also reach out to Reid to see if he can assist. Sorry about this issue, Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Can you paste the gallery URL? The one I use is just the forum URL. I know there is a second gallery but I can't seem to find a way into it.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

I just got the same error message trying to up load a pic to my gallery.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Guys, I just don't know what is wrong as others have loaded photos up and through last evening / this morning. Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Jeff, using the same procedure I've been using for years, tonight I've been unable to upload images to my builder gallery. I've raised the problem in my build thread earlier today, and have learnt that fellow builders like cape man and Jaysen have experienced the same problem, and are now using complicated (to me) work-arounds to post images. I'm truly grateful for the free platform you and baeau2 give us DIY builders to post our build adventures, vanities and follies. If such work-arounds are a necessary new normal, then I'll learn them. I would appreciate your advice on the emerging situation. Thanks.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

GB, I just don't understand what happened as we have not changed anything regarding the Forum or Gallery. Let me see what i can figure out although I must admit if Jaysen does not know what happened, I will probably never know!! Sorry GB but I will get back to you, Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I can't access the "old" gallery so I've not actually looked into it. But based on the IO error reported, and the fact that the old images are still available in threads, I suspect the system is (effectively) out of disk space. Assuming this is hosted with the same company as the the forum "proper" they should be able to increase your quota/allocation with a phone call (and the exchange of a couple $$).

That's a guess though.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

MikeyGnz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by MikeyGnz »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:00 am Can you paste the gallery URL? The one I use is just the forum URL. I know there is a second gallery but I can't seem to find a way into it.
Hi Jaysen

I just deleted cookies and tried again but still not working.

To get to the gallery I click on "Builder Galleries" white text on the dark blue banner at top of forum page. This takes me to http://gallery.bateau2.com/

I shrink my pics before posting. The two I have been trying to upload are under 200kb.

Cheers

Mike