MG20 center console

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Rogerogrant
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: MG20 center console

Post by Rogerogrant »

Thanks Tom!

The frames are per the plans - the span between frames D and E is about 6 feet. I think it's done that way to accommodate the fuel tank maybe?

Looks like I double posted one of the isometric views of my model. I meant to post this one which shows the fuel tank, and the port-a-potty under the console:

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

A fishing buddy and I were talking about my boat this morning. He wants me to build one for him, but I am not sure that I have another build in me. :help:

If I was 10 yrs younger, I would seriously consider custom building this hull. I would stick to the standard dimensions (not up-scale it 10%!) and offer it either in a bass boat style like mine (side console, front and rear casting decks) or as a center console with a large, walk around cockpit. :D

I luv my BIG boat, its perfect for the reasons I built it - but its size would be limiting for many.

Your boat is looking good!

Carry on! :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Maybe your boys would take it on with some guidance from “the old man”. Could be fun.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Rogerogrant wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:18 pm Thanks Tom!

The frames are per the plans - the span between frames D and E is about 6 feet. I think it's done that way to accommodate the fuel tank maybe?

Looks like I double posted one of the isometric views of my model. I meant to post this one which shows the fuel tank, and the port-a-potty under the console:

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Rogerogrant
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rogerogrant »

So about that transom bracket- would it be reasonable to actually built that on to the transom using 10 or 13mm ply and some heavy biaxial fabric layers? Or maybe core it with Aquaplas or Coosa?

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Did this ever get past the concept stage?