CLOSED -- Coppermine (gallery.bateau2.com) maintenance Sat and Sunday (Oct 17 and 18, 2020)

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED -- Coppermine (gallery.bateau2.com) maintenance Sat and Sunday (Oct 17 and 18, 2020)

Post by Jaysen »

Folks, we have a couple of issues with our Coppermine install. Coppermine is the software that runs gallery.bateau2.com. I've managed to get make some progress in addressing these issues with no impact to users, but at this point I will need to "break it to fix it". I do now know when it will be down or for how long. I will make every effort to update this thread with any known issues/outages.

Due to the nature of the work I need to do, I can not give any specific times. Saturday and Sunday are actually the lowest use days for the forum and gallery. Hopefully no one will see any real impact.

This work is required prerequisite for the phpBB upgrade that we are still attempting to schedule.

That said, the phpBB internal gallery will NOT be impacted. Those that are using that gallery will see no impact of this maintenance.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coppermine (gallery.bateau2.com) maintenance Sat and Sunday (Oct 17 and 18, 2020)

Post by Jeff »

All Builders Forum users, Jaysen is doing some great work on our Forum and preparing it for a much needed upgrade. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to Jaysen for taking on this task and getting us into the correct century with our Forum. Jeff

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Coppermine (gallery.bateau2.com) maintenance Sat and Sunday (Oct 17 and 18, 2020)

Post by piperdown »

Jeff wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:46 am All Builders Forum users, Jaysen is doing some great work on our Forum and preparing it for a much needed upgrade. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to Jaysen for taking on this task and getting us into the correct century with our Forum. Jeff
Jaysen, thanks for the help keeping the forum running smoothly!!!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Thanks Jaysen!

I have a separate question... Is there a way for me to download my gallery and threads for the two boats I built to preserve them for the kids?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

cape man wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:41 am I have a separate question... Is there a way for me to download my gallery and threads for the two boats I built to preserve them for the kids?
Not yet. It is on the list. Stay tuned.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Thanks Jaysen! :D

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

As of 8a(ET) Sunday, the maintenance work is complete.

Regretfully we will need to redo a significant portion of this work to eliminate any potential dataloss as we upgrade the forum and gallery software. I have engaged additional folks to figure out how to get past the current blocking issues with the Coppermine software.

I will keep you all posted as we schedule more maintenance windows.

On the positive side, we are nearing the completion of the automatic backup of all BBC assets. This will ensure that all plans, store assets, files images (gallery, forum) and all databases are able to be restored with no more than the last 24hrs being lost. I hope to reduce the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) but need to focus on the upgrades to close several larger concerns.

Thank you all for your patience.
Last edited by Jaysen on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo typo typo

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen thank you for your work. If you need some one to check out an update before releasing it, let me know I have lots of time on my hands being retired.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

That’s one of the problems I’m trying to get around. The current configuration are preventing any testing. Currently the big push is to disentangle the two sites then reconnect them with more flexibility to allow content accessibility without duplication.

Blah blah blah make it so we can test content.

Once we get things ready for testing I’ll be providing access to everyone.