Cameron's FS14LS+5%

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Cameron's FS14LS+5%

Post by VT_Jeff »

jonnymac wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:30 pm I wouldn’t expect a flat plywood panel to stay flat without something holding it that way across all temperature ranges and conditions.
I agree, that seems like a big ask.
bamaguy0 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:40 pm Jeff, which direction is it warping? Center up or ends up?
Ends up.
bamaguy0 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:40 pm Going to try to get the boat titled and registered in the morning. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Great success! After 30 mins and a couple trips of the clerk consulting with the supervisor, I have a HIN, title, and registration!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!!! Always good news!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Congrats!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Mojosmantra
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mojosmantra »

bamaguy0 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:42 am Great success! After 30 mins and a couple trips of the clerk consulting with the supervisor, I have a HIN, title, and registration!
Awesome Cameron! Do you mind expounding on what info you had to provide?

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Yeah so it was pretty straight forward.

I filled out HSMV 87002 and brought my reciepts. Basically they want the HULL, DECKS/RIGGING, and MACHINERY/ENGINES filled out to correlate with the vendors of the reciepts you've brought. Basically all the receipts prove is you paid tax on the materials that you claim went into the fabrication of the hull. I didn't have to submit it to FWC for inspection because it is under 16ft. No photos had to be provided.

I did leave engine blank and stated that I haven't decided on a motor yet. I have one, but I've been on the lookout for a newer (than 1996) model 2 stroke Yamaha. They questioned me on that a bit because they said they could not proceed without knowing the engine type and fuel. I said that it would most definitely be a gas outboard and there was no way it could be anything else. They accepted that and moved forward.

The guidance states to bring HSMV 82040 as well, and I did, but they did not use my copy because they already have the necessary info from the first form.

All in all it was pretty straight forward. This was in Orange County, FL, so of course your mileage may vary.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Better is the enemy of good enough! Done with priming and on to painting!

Mojosmantra
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mojosmantra »

Dang - that looks like a boat and a pretty nice one at that. Must feel really good to see it all coming together. Did you figure out your two-tone transitions or are you going to stay with one color?

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Mojosmantra wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:26 pm Dang - that looks like a boat and a pretty nice one at that. Must feel really good to see it all coming together. Did you figure out your two-tone transitions or are you going to stay with one color?
I have a plan for two-tone. We'll see how it plays out in the coming weeks.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

First coat on!

Now I'm in the process of masking for anti skid. Got lots of stuff to go around.