Cameron's FS14LS+5%

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cameron's FS14LS+5%

Post by bamaguy0 »

VT_Jeff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:43 pm This is a cliffhanger, any status update? Are you a Dad yet?
:lol:

Well I was trying to hold out for a splash post on Saturday....but we had a change of plans after our Dr. visit yesterday. They decided to direct admit her and start the process due to a stackup of conditions that were starting to pop up. They're doing fine, just waiting around for baby now!

This is how the boat sits...and probably will for a little bit.

I have half the rub rail insert installed, and have the poling platform, fire extinguisher locker, and electrical panel hatch left to install.

Motor runs with the new fuel pump and the water pump change got her peeing again. Had to adjust the idle speed a bit, but she purrs about as well as any '96 2 smoke motor would. :lol:

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Understood! Best of luck all around and keep us posted!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Best to you and your wife bamaguy0!!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Yep your life is about to take a major change, but it is a good change :D

I must of missed it but what hp is that engine?

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Thanks for the support guys!

It's a 25hp, but it appears tuned for 30. This model, the M25C2/M30A3 only differ on how advanced the WOT timing is allowed to go(and because it's a linkage, how open the carb is allowed to be).

I'll need to get a new prop at some point. The one it has has a decent nick in one of the blades. I planned to take her to the scales so we can try to size one for it.

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Well my little first mate was born in the wee hours of Jan 8th. She and momma are doing well. We came home on Sunday and have been getting settled in with the help of my Mother in Law.

My friend cut out my registration decals for me. This is the same font that I'm using for a logo and the model number on the Transom Bracket. It's the regulation 3" tall, but a little on the long side for such a small boat, so I made a revision to shorten it by about 6 inches. We'll see how that turns out when they get around to cutting it for me.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congratulations BamaGuy0!!!!!!!! Jeff

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Huge Congrats Cameron! That's some great news, very glad to hear that all are well!

Now that the whole baby business has been resolved its back to the task! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

bamaguy0
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

My parents are also coming to town tomorrow night. I'm thinking between two grannys, me and the wife won't hardly get any baby time anyway! :lol:

I'm sure I'll be able to drag my dad to the garage to help knock out a few things. This is their first grandchild though, so they are pretty excited!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

VT_Jeff wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:32 pm Huge Congrats Cameron! That's some great news, very glad to hear that all are well!

Now that the whole baby business has been resolved its back to the task! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D
Unless you are nothing like me I am afraid the baby business is never over. :roll: