Getting to the "old gallery" in the new BBC forum look

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Getting to the "old gallery" in the new BBC forum look

Post by Jaysen »

If you are not aware, there are 2 separate photo galleries in the forum. The phpBB embedded gallery and an add-on called Coppermine Photo Gallery. Because the embedded phpBB gallery can not be renamed (it is the "Gallery" link) I have renamed all official links/buttons to "Coppermine Gallery". The official links to the Coppermine Gallery are in the lower left corner of the header image and in the upper hamburger menu for mobile (responsive) views.

Post any questions about the links here.

Thank you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Getting to the "old gallery" in the new BBC forum look

Post by fallguy1000 »

It was blue this morning and is black now?

Or have I been drinkin too much today?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 pm It was blue this morning and is black now?

Or have I been drinkin too much today?
Blue was the "old look". We are back to the new look. I finally fixed mobile and Jeff signed off on the fix.

In the standard layout, you should have a nice graphic, with the buttons showing as white text on black background.
In the mobile/responsive layout you should have the graphic, but all buttons are moved to a hamburger menu in the upper right.

Screenshots!
Standard layout.
Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 5.13.41 PM.png
Responsive layout.
Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.28.26 PM.png
As to the drinking... If you can type, you can drink more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Thought maybe the forum got hacked. Some Commies wantin to see me spitballin.

Seriously. Hope things go well for you Jaysen.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 am Thought maybe the forum got hacked. Some Commies wantin to see me spitballin.

Seriously. Hope things go well for you Jaysen.
I really need to stop shooting myself in the face. Not sure if your Mrs is a unix nerd like me, but you can quote me with "some idiot forgot to change his path on a find -mtime 7+ -exec '{}' \; and deleted most of the content off Jeff's servers." Which is literally what I did. it's a rookie error and I deserve the sleepless night. I'm just waiting for files to finish copying and everything should be back in place.

Jeff may be looking for a new volunteer soon :oops:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Wife heard UNIX and said 'ugh'.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Maybe it was covered in another post but how to I get my pics back on my boat thread? They were all loaded into my gallery but the pics are showing up in my build thread.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

PM me some links and I’ll look into it.