HMD19 December 2020 Cowbro

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: HMD19 December 2020 Cowbro

Post by TomW1 »

Looks outstanding Cowbro, she should last you a last you a long time.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Very cool Cowbro... this is great to see 😀

Good to know about the trim issue. I reinforced the forward anchor and chain locker in front of the berths.. just in case It needed trimming with weights. The two anchors, chain is all forward with a pile of other gear, chemical head etc... I will fill the 5 g water tank between the seats. Also I planned for 2 coolers under the seats, those can be filled as required.

Chicagoross said she rides best when loaded down. Glad to hear about your plowing into chop, comforting to know.

While surfing I saw water ballast bags on Amazon, very clever product.. check it out. I'll get a few, if not I'll use those regular disc weights if I need to more.

Marc

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Cowbro, and congrats again on your savvy HMD 19 completion project. :D Have you repainted her topsides yet?
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday Cowbro!!!! Jeff

Cowbro
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cowbro »

Thanks Jeff and GB.

GB, she is painted, I ended posting all the updates in the regular build-thread. She gets compliments everywhere she goes, and the EFI Suzuki is the best $3K i ever spent. lol.
This year has been busy with a bunch of work flipping a house/rental property, but i got out last Saturday for the first trip of the year chasing diaper-stripers, nothing big enough to keep.
Luckily my fridge is still stocked with lingcod and rockfish from last year so no worries there.
9399'

Phil

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

She looks good Cowbro!!! Jeff