Jaysen's Helms 24

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's Helms 24

Post by Jaysen »

She’s not been getting the live she deserves. That said, I’m “borrowing” a sail rite sewing machine next week or two. I have new to me jib, furler conversion kit and old sail ready to go. New cars for main. Finally have 100% functional bilge pump. Still fighting with motor. That last one has me very angry. About to just sell the merc 9.9 and get a brand new tohatsu 9.8 sail drive with remote shift/throttle. Need to finish the bathroom remodels and outdoor shower stuff for Mrs before that one shows up though.

Break
Out
Another
Thousand.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Good to see you're back working on the Helms, that you've now got a reliable bilge pump, and that soon you'll have repaired sails. Keep at it. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Jaysen! :D Any progress on the sail repair?
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Good things come out on April 23rd. 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday Jaysen!!! You guys have a great weekend!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

glossieblack wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:25 am Happy birthday Jaysen! :D Any progress on the sail repair?
Thanks GB!

The machine is going to be here Tuesday. Hopefully we will get the luff sewn and sails in the boat that weekend! The universe and I have a hate/hate relationship so I expect my plan to be undermined. But I’m still excited to be sewing the week.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

cape man wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:34 am Good things come out on April 23rd. 8)
Thank you sir! My in laws disagree with you. Luckily my wife calls them names regularly and agrees with you. I’ll take that as the definitive answer. 😜

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:36 am Happy Birthday Jaysen!!! You guys have a great weekend!!! Jeff
Thanks Jeff. My birthday celebration involves ripping out the main bathroom and remembering why I have a career in IT and not construction. I’m hoping to find a few minutes to pass out under the dining room table but I assume the dog will give me away. On the plus side, there is a new bottle of something with a bow on it spotted this morning. Sure looks like rum!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sounds like a lot of work for your birthday but the bottle of rum sounds promising!!!! Enjoy your birthday!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Happy birthday Jaysen, nice to see you back working on the Helms.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978